Tuesday 20 November 2012

the Moving Goal Post....

November 20th, 2012.
I am maintaining now, alll is well.  I have no reason to think that I will not be able to keep this weight off.

My husband is still going strong.  It has been 14 months now.  He has lost a total of 218 lbs!  Wow Wow Wow.  When he first started :  his goal was 88lbs higher than he is right now..  As he reached that, he lowered the goal by 20, then 30, then 50, etc. pounds.  I think after all the times of trying to take off weight and failing, he just didn't believe that he would EVER be THIS light.  Today - the moving goal post is only 2 lbs away!  I THINK this will be it - and then he will transition to phase 2.  I couldn't be more pleased for him!

Ok -- lunch is over...back to work.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is looking into Ideal Protein and I found your blog on a google search. Just wanted to comment that I read every post and passed on your husband's progress to mine - he also has over 100 pounds to lose and that is very daunting! Glad to hear about your hubby's exercise program, too - mine thinks he can do it without (a friend of his did) and that scares me. Well done to both of you and good luck in the maintenance phase!

    And hopefully you still check here or have these forwarded to email! Happy 2013!
    Erica Olson
    (just realized I'm logged in as my blog id, but oh well)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Erica! I just KNOW that if your husband signs up and commits to the program - he WILL have success. Starting an exercise program will happen, when he is ready and feeling good! Don't rush him - as he will still lose. Neither my hubby or I rushed into the exercising mode - BUT now we feel horrid if we don't do something. Eating well and exercising CAN be addicting! (I know -- wierd!) We have had so many people that have watched us be successful - they have signed up and also reached their goals. After trying soooo many other diets - it was great to find one that was simple, worked, and fit our lives. Good Luck to your hubby. -- At an average of 5 lbs per week - in 20 weeks - he could be at goal - that is only 4 months! End of May (just in time for summer!) he will be feeling GREAT, looking GREAT, and Loving LIFE!

      Delete