Tuesday 6 March 2012

Weeks 23 and 24 Ideal Protein Diet

It was only 11 days between weigh ins.  I have been trying to go 2 weeks, just because we don't need weekly coaching anymore (it's been long enough).
Official weigh in - on March 5th, 2012 - Loss of 4.6lbs! (In 11 days!).
total loss to date - 62 lbs!
WOW!  Still SO pleased with the way things have been going.
I am only 8 LBS away from my original goal.  I am considering changing it to a lower number because things have been going so well.  I think I will cross that bridge when I get to it.
I am really looking forward to getting onto maintenance - as this is the part of all diet programs that I have NEVER gotten into my head.  I WILL NOT gain this weight back.  IP has a BIG focus on maintaining the loss - so I am pretty confident with the great coaches I WILL figure this out.
PLUS - neither hubby or I want to face down another big loss like this, it can be overwhelming.  One day at a time - or, as we did in the beginning:  a promise to yourself that you WILL make it through 8 weeks, or 4 weeks, or 12 weeks....
I have been sticking to the program, and it is showing.  I feel like I am losing inches as well.
I have been to the gym a few times with my husband - it is good that we have both joined up now, we should keep each other motivated.  He is still sticking to the program like glue!.  He says this is the best diet he has ever been on, because he is not hungry at all.  I (being a girl) have cravings on occassion - but they have certainly been managable.  Those highs and lows that we all experience with the standard North American diet are not being missed by either one of us at all!
Until next time!
kmac

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to say that reading your blog was really helpful to me in making my decision to start Ideal protein. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that someone is reading my blog! And I KNOW you will be happy with the results. Good Luck. Do you have blog too? Would love to check in on you now and again. -- Don't cheat, you only cheat yourself out of results and out of ketosis!

      Delete