Thursday 29 May 2014

Here I go again! Back on Phase 1

Well - again! I have started phase 1.  Today is day 4.  As always, it is going fine.  I am up around 20 - 23 lbs.  Gained by drinking toooo much beer, and eating all the wrong foods.- day after day - week after week!

The last time we started back on Phase 1 - I only lasted from Jan thru to early Feb -- because I have this job now that means I have to travel more, I used that as an excuse to "cheat" because I am eating in restaurants.  Plus - last time - it seemed like the weight was not really coming off (I only lost 12 lbs) - I think I was "pushing the envelope" too often and too much.  this time - I am going to try and stay committed until my birthday (June 20).  I will take a day off then -- and then try to keep on track until hubby's birthday (July 18).  Then maybe we will be able to go into maintenance at that time...

What is so frustrating about it is that I KNOW it is possible to maintain.  I did so - for an entire year.  I followed the guidelines for maintenance - and I stayed the same weight.  When I deviate from those guideline - I slip back into my old habits.

I am down a few lbs already, and am feeling good!

Recipe idea -- if you have an Actifry - it works really well for making turnip fries.
Cut turnips (or if you are in Canada - they are called parsnips) into fry shapes.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil and spices.
cook for 25 minutes (first batch - the second batch usually takes less time because the Actifry is already warmed up).

Eat with low carb Heinz ketchup.
-we order our ketchup on line at http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/

by the way -- maintenance is EASY.
Rules are:
For breakfast eat protein, carb, fat, dairy and fruit.
Lunch and dinner -- whatever you like - BUT be sure that you do NOT eat a carb and a fat together in the same meal.
One day a week - cheat day - have whatever you like.
the day following a cheat day -- NO CARBS - all day.

That's it - easy peasy.

So - I  need to make sure that both hubby and I are committed to staying the course after we take of these extra lbs we have put on.
The problem seems to be -- there are SOOOO many things to celebrate! 
If the sun is shining - we should have a beer!
If we get company - we should have a "good dinner"!
If we are in a mood - we should have a cocktail!
if we
if we
(you get the idea) -- every day is a celebration of life!  AND we have always celebrated and rewarded ourselves with FOOD and DRINK!

Its a new day!
I hope to check in more often - I have FOLLOWERS!  (Still think that is very cool!)
Thank-you all -- and good luck on your weight loss journeys.
kmac

No comments:

Post a Comment